Binaries for 64-Bit Windows 2003

Tobias Knoetzele Tobias.Knoetzele at ATOSORIGIN.COM
Tue Nov 14 13:27:52 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

Can somebody tell me where to get mapserver & Co. Binaries (DLLs) for Windows2003 Server 64-Bit AMD?
It must be 64-Bit DLLs, since they will run in a Java/Tomcat environment, which needs to be in 64-Bit-Mode to use more than 2GB of memory.

As far as I know there is no way to use 32-Bit-DLL´s in a 64-Bit process: http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/10/06/HOWTO_Diagnose_one_cause_of_503_Service_Unavailable_on_IIS6_on_64bit_Windows.aspx
Anyway if I try to use them I get an exception:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: mapscript.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application
According to Sun (http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6374419) this message is misleading and means "Can't load 64-bit DLL on a 32-bit machine" (or vice versa).

If I was a C professional it would be possible to compile everything for 64-Bit - unfortunately I am not so it would be really a lot of work for me.

On my local Machine (32-Bit Windows XP) I got Mapserver 4.6.0 (and 4.10.0) running within my Java/Tomcat application.

Any hint appreciated,
Tobias

tobias dot knoetzele at atosorigin dot com

PS: These DLLs are needed for Mapserver 4.6.0:
zlib1.dll
bgd.dll
gdal12.dll
iconv.dll
libcurl.dll
libeay32.dll
libeay32.dll.old
libmap.dll
libpq.dll
mapscript.dll
netcdf.dll
pdflib.dll
proj.dll
ssleay32.dll
xerces-c_2_4_0.dll

For Mapserver 4.10.0 the following DLLs are required:
ssleay32.dll
xerces-c_2_7.dll
zlib1.dll
bgd.dll