Label Wrapping

Sacha Black sacha.black at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 14 19:58:51 EST 2006

hi all,

searched the archives on these two related questions and found references to
each, but no solution. :

1 - is it possible to center-justify the resulting LABEL when WRAP is used?

for example right now if I have a polygon called "Bear Mountain State Park"
and I use WRAP " ", then I get:

Bear
Mountain
State
Park

Preffered behavior would be if the whole label were centered on the "n" in
the word "Mountain" (center of the longest segment)

http://www.nabble.com/-UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS--WRAP-justification-tf287110.html#a811711
)

2 - is it furthur possible to specify a WRAP as a wrap character *plus* a
length ? So in the example above I would still specify WRAP " ", but also
something like WRAPLENGTHMIN 10 (ie. only use the wrap character when it has
been encountered after at least 10 characters).

the Desired effect of the length minimum above is a label like:

Bear Mountain
State Park

http://www.nabble.com/Label-wrapping-tf2119776.html#a5846141)

just curious if these are already possible, obiously the best of all worlds
would be if these two options could be used together.
thanks,

sacha