filter rectangle

Gail Long codeburg at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 14 20:08:42 EST 2006

A quick ?

I want to set a filter to work in a rectangle within the extents of a map
and generate the image using shp2img.  How do I limit the filter to the rect
in the mapfile?  I'm using POSTGIS layers.

=========================
                             -----------------
                            |  Filter area |
                             -----------------
      map area

=========================

LAYER
  NAME fadapar  ## Search layer for Parcels
  STATUS on
  DATA "the_geom from (SELECT parcels.oid AS oid, parcels.the_geom as
the_geom, parcels.primowner as primowner, parcels.parcel as
parcel,parcels.acres as acres, parcels.gid as gid from parcels) as oid USING
UNIQUE oid USING SRID=-1"
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  CONNECTION "user=user password=pass dbname=db  host=localhost"
  TYPE POLYGON
  LABELITEM 'parcel'
  CLASSITEM 'ACRES'
  TEMPLATE void
  FILTER ' ACRES > 10 and ACRES <= 80 '

  CLASS
  NAME 'Filter Matches'
  STYLE
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    COLOR 255 255 0
  END
  TEXT ([PARCEL]|[PRIMOWNER]|[ACRES])
  LABEL
  POSITION cc
  TYPE truetype
  FONT  verdana-bold
  SIZE 3
  WRAP '|'
  END
  END

  END

--
Things are only difficult while you don't understand them.