dbox legend question

Sam Young samnyoung at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 15 10:43:07 EST 2006

The checkboxes for my legend in my dbox applications are not turned on for
active layers, nor do they change anything if I check/uncheck them and
redraw the map.  The image that dislpays the color and shape of the layers
is also not being displayed.  I get the following two errors in the
Javascript console:

Error: xEvent is not defined
Source File: http://localhost/src/javascript/mapserver/dbox.js
Line: 486

Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
Source File:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/make_dlegend_xml_cgi.py?map=/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/sunvalley.map&server=localhost
Line: 2, Column: 1
Source Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>^

I have an "alert" in my code here:

// legend setup
    var legend_xml = get_content(config.dlegend_xml_executable + "?map=" +
config.mapfile + "&server=" + config.dlegend_server);
    alert(legend_xml);
    legend.initialize("legend_container", legend_xml);
    legend.setHandler(DLEGEND_CLICK, ms.setLayer);

    ms.draw();

This alert doesn't produce any error messages.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sam