AW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Question to SLD-Tutorial

Arnd Wippermann arndw at WTAL.DE
Thu Nov 16 12:41:33 EST 2006

Hello Reinhard,

The SLD-File must be reachable for the requested server. The server
www2.dmsolutions.ca couldn't read your local file. You can test it with your
server localhost or you must put the file to some server, where the file is
downloadable for the Internet.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Arnd Wippermann
http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/ibbOLClient/OpenlayersClient.html

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] Im
Auftrag von Reinhard Keltermann
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. November 2006 16:44
An: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Betreff: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Question to SLD-Tutorial

Hello all of you,

I`m beginning with SLD. Locally on my Computer this works fine, but I wonder
how I can change the map of the example of DM Solutions?

I have copied the xml-file out of the tutorial
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/sldhowto)
and saved it locally in the htdocs-directory of apache.

But if I run:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_world?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&Req
uest=GetMap
&LAYERS=WorldGen_Outline&SLD=http://localhost/sld_line_simple.xml

nothing happens at all (the map is still green and does not change its
color).

Who knows why?

Reinhard