I need the ability to be able to display ECW and JPEG2000 format files within MapServer via a Community Mapbuilder client which sends WMS requests for the images to MapServer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Nov 24 12:46:59 EST 2006

John Mitchell wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> So I need to copy everything from FWTools/bin to Apache2.2/cgi-bin and
> instead of calling your "mapserv_landsat" script instead call
> mapserv.exe within getCapabilitites and getMap WMS requests but how do I
> reference the mapfile within these requests?

John,

You would include MAP=C:\yourmap.map in the url.  So a request might end up
looking like:

http://maps.gdal.org/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?MAP=C:\yourmap.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

Best regards,