Personal geodatabase layer not working.

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Wed Nov 29 11:12:19 EST 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Paul Moen wrote:

> I have a dsn named 'thecounty' set up to access a Personal
> Geodatabase.
> When I use the following command,
> ogrinfo Pgeo:thecounty votes
>
> I get the following output,
>
> INFO: Open of `PGeo:thecounty'
>       using driver `PGeo' successful.

> I get no errors, but nothing is displayed on my map.  The
> projection of my
> map is the same as the Projection in the personal geodatabase.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Still having problems with this?

One question - when you installed that Actual Access driver, are you
just using the trial?  That only returns the first 3 records in any
MDB, and those 3 might not be on your map region.

try this:

ogrinfo -al Pgeo:thecounty votes

That should list the attributes and coordinates data for those first
three features. Or the whole file if you bought the driver.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy