I need the ability to be able to display ECW and JPEG2000 format files within MapServer via a Community Mapbuilder client which sends WMS requests for the images to MapServer

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 30 22:17:40 EST 2006

Frank,

So if I have the ECW image compressed at a 2:1 ratio mapserver will process
it faster than if I have the ECW image at 20:1 because mapserver has to
decompress the image first.  Also the resulting image should be better since
I have not compressed it as much.

If I choose to have FORMATOPTION "TARGET=0" which means no compression then
my image quality will be better, but it will be slower to download since it
is not compressed?

John

--
John J. Mitchell