Random Color (number) generation in MapSever for thematic colorizing.

Bob Basques bob.b at GRITECHNOLOGIES.COM
Thu Feb 8 08:43:51 EST 2007

All,

I have a set of seven colored defined that I would like to apply to a
Polygon layer to randomly color the fills of the polygons.  Simply to
give each polygon a separate color when viewed side by side.

I'm trying to color in City Polygon shapes with a Random color.

Anyone know of a way to generate such a thematic output.  I'm exploring
an automated method because this is how the data is delivered for each
Update.  In the Existing application I added another "colorid" column to
the data.

BTW, I'm rebuilding an existing application with all the new stuff
available.

Thanks

bobb