msDrawRaster(): Unable to access file

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Feb 26 16:56:08 EST 2007

edfialk wrote:
> Hi, I have many netCDF files I'm wishing to serve through MapServer, each of
> them a different time.
>
> My first step is to serve one file, which I can't even do.
>
> The error I get is:
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'RETRO'.
> msDrawRaster(): Unable to access file. (RETRO_anthro_nox_1960.0.5x0.5.nc)

Ed,

I doubt this problem has anything to do with NC conventions.  If gdalinfo
reports correct information about the file, and gdal_translate can translate
the file then the NC stuff isn't an issue.

The above mostly likely means there is either a permissions problem (apache
has limited permissions as a rule), or the path constructed by MapServer is
wrong (try an absolute path), or MapServer isn't built with a netcdf enabled
GDAL.

Best regards,