WCS from multiple netCDF returning only background image

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Feb 27 15:22:35 EST 2007

edfialk wrote:
> Hi, I have about 40 netCDF files I'm wishing to serve, each one is a
> different year.
>
> Following the netCDF outline at
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/WCSServerFormatHowTo I am able to
> get an image to display, but is only the background color I specify in the
> map file.
>
> In the document it states what OGRInfo looks like for the timeIndex shape
> file, and mine looks nothing like it.
>
> Should look something like:
> OGRFeature(timeIndex):116
>   location(String) = mytime.tif
>   time(String) = 2001-01-31T18:00:00
>   POLYGON ((xxx,xxxx,.......))
>
> Mine looks something like:
> [root at niceguy RETRO]# ogrinfo RETRO.shp
> INFO: Open of `RETRO.shp'
> using driver `ESRI Shapefile' successful.
> 1: RETRO (Polygon)

Ed,

I didn't dig through your whole message, but I did want to comment on the
above.  You can do "ogrinfo -al RETRO.shp" to actually report the features
in the shapefile.  Otherwise ogrinfo just reports what layers are available.

Best regards,