Slow map server doing getcapabilities with 200 layers

José Ramón López joseramonlopez at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 9 07:01:46 EST 2007

Hi dear list, again.

We are trying to make a wms service with MapServer. The number of layers is
180, wich are stored in Oracle. When we do a GetCapabilities request, it
takes a lot of time sending the xml file. While it is sending the file,
something curious happens. The process that takes the most of the memory of
the computer is Oracle. Is there any parameter defined in the .map file,
that makes the computer verify all the layers stored in the .map file?

When i do a getlayer like ...Request=GetMap&Layers=xxx, it shows me fast.

Does Oracle verify the layers, when we do a getcapabilities request?

How i could optimize this?

Thanks for all
--
José Ramón López