MapServer contains some memory leaks whereby running it in FastCGI mode

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Sat Jan 20 10:07:17 EST 2007

John -

Well, that's OK, but it is not reasonable for the MapServer community to
devote time to an alleged bug that the finder won't report and you can't
replicate.  That's not a bug, that's FUD.

I can report that I use MapServer in FastCGI mode extensively without
any memory leak problems I'm aware of.  And I have done that over a few
releases of MapServer.  But like any MapServer user, there are many
features I do *not* use, and it's certainly possible that there are
memory leaks in those features.  But making the overly-broad
generalization that "running it in FastCGI mode will eventually cause
issues" is incorrect and uninformative.

     - Ed
Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker