stable PHP/Mapscript segmentation faults

Igor Evdokimov igev at MAIL.RU
Sat Jun 2 12:59:55 EDT 2007

Hi, List!

I read some old (2005-2006) messages related to my problem
in archives, but it didn't help.

My php_mapscript sometimes makes segmentation faults in Apache.
In /var/log/httpd/error_log I see "... child pid XXXX segmentation fault"

It occurs after some reloading, moving of map, after some turning different
layers on and off - in Ka-Map, Cartoweb. Then browser cotinues to work normally at
4-5 operations, then again segfault, etc.

This problem I can't resolve since 2006. Then it was on Linux machine, now - on MacOSX.
I've tried Apache 1 and 2, GD 2.0.35RC, different options (--with-threads --with-gd=/usr/local/ ...)?
but no real result.

Can anyone really help me? Or, maybe, this segfaults is a normal operation
of apache?

System:
MacOSX 10.4.8
Apache 1.3.33