updating Proj's epsg list

Sun Jun 3 20:30:22 EDT 2007

anthony farrant wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I'm having a pretty hard time so I hope you wouldn't mind if I ask the
> community a question on sunday.
>
> I just installed mapserver/mapscript from source on debian (ouf) and am
> trying
> to install chameleon but I keep getting projection error messages.
>
>> msProcessProjection(): no options found
>
> I looked in the
> epsg file and indeed the projection from the sample applications was not
> there
> (epsg:42304). The version of proj however is the latest.
>
> So I copied the file from my ms4w installation on to my Deb server. But
> no, that
> didn't do it.
>
>> msProcessProjection(): no searchlist found
>
> My question: How should one proceed to update the epsg file, or to
> force the proj
> library or mapserver to take into account the new epsg file?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -A

Where did the epsg number 42304 come from? It is from an ESRI project?
If so you might try using esri:42304 instead of epsg:42304

epsg is an organization the publishes standard projections code and
definitions. esri also has their own set of codes and definitions. There
are separate files for these to lists specifically epsg and ersi.

-Steve W.