postgis

Giuseppe Molinario g.molinario at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 14 10:16:52 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I am working with a postgis point table that needs to be displayed in a
mapserver application (pmapper).

my problems:

1. what happens when two points are in the same exact location? ( the rows
in my table can sometimes have the identical lat long coordinates and
therefore geometry column.)

   - how can i set the mapfile to show me both points and labels? is this
   ever possible? I realize this is a bit of werid question, but i am not
   asking about topology...just nuts and bolt postgis/mapfile....
   - the query tool does not respond anymore. seems like having two
   identical points prevents the query tool from working
   - this all worked prior to me having "overlapping" points

2. different question. Layer>class in mapfile: I have an EXPRESSION object
that goes like this  EXPRESSION ([ID_specie_att]=2) now how do i get the
SAME class to display both points that have value 2,3,4,5,6? Do i really
have to make 5 different classes? I would rather not because i don't want
them in my legend.

thanks very much for any help.

Giuseppe