Tiled datasets with OGR

Roland Martin roland.w.martin at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 29 12:57:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble with a tiled dataset - I suspect there's a
number of things at play, so I'll phrase this as a question!

Is it possible to tile MapInfo TABs; display them as a single layer in
MapServer; and still use 'STYLEITEM AUTO'?

I've managed the first 2 without any problems, by storing the tiles as a
shapefile, but the styling wasn't working ("not available for this
datasource" or somesuch). I then tried using a TAB as the TILEINDEX, but
that didn't seem to be working at all (not clear if this was a MapServer or
OGR problem though).

So, am I missing something here, or is it not possible?

Thanks for your help,
Roland.