non-tiff (24 bit?) raster layers in 4.10

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon May 7 12:31:07 EDT 2007

Attila Csipa wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2007 17:43, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> I think the most important step is to compare the gdalinfo reports on the
>> original TIFF and the JPEG2000 file you produced.  I *suspect* that the
>
> Yes, upon checking it seems to be the issue, but is there a way to force the
> world file (plain jpeg misses it too) ? The funny part is that f.e. the PNG
> driver _does_ find the georeferencing info.

Attila,

Several of the drivers support creating worldfiles by giving the
creation option WORLDFILE=YES.

You can use "gdalinfo --format gif" to find the options that apply to
the GIF format for instance.

Best regards,