WMS/WFS Authentication

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at INTEVATION.DE
Tue May 29 02:45:24 EDT 2007

Hello Steve,

On Sat, 26 May 2007 11:00:36 -0400 Stephen Woodbridge
<woodbri at SWOODBRIDGE.COM> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What are people doing for WMS/WFS authentication when they set up a
> for fee service? Since this is not part of the protocol, I'm
> wondering how you might be doing this or if anyone is doing this.

To bring in some other words beside the already mentioned... You could
use deegree OWSProxy in combination with https to set up a secure
WMS/WFS-service. It has authentification based on WAS and WSS as well
as ordinary user/password-auth.

Beside that you could use InteProxy[2] on the clientside to make your
desktop client secure. Works well with QGIS, OpenJUMP and all JS-driven
webmap-clients like OpenLayers.

There is a demo at[3] to check out OWSProxy with InteProxy. Docs are
available here[4].

Best regards

	Stephan

[1]
http://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/docs/documentation/igeosecurity/deegree_owsproxy_documentation_de.pdf
[2] http://inteproxy.wald.intevation.org
[3]
https://inteproxy-demo.intevation.org/cgi-bin/frida-wms?version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities&Service=WMS
[4]
http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/346/InteProxy-en-0.2.0.pdf
--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998