Raster layer - Howto? {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at AGT.BME.HU
Thu Nov 1 09:51:12 EDT 2007

Hi Pascal,

A world file contains the six parameters of an affine transformation like

x1 = Ax + By + C
y1 = Dx + Ey + F

All parameters are in separate rows in A, D, B, E, C, F order

example:
0.15   (A) pixel size in nature in x direction (e.g. 15 cm resolution)
0.0    (D) depends on rotational angle, afaik it must be zero for mapserver
0.0    (B) same as above
-0.15  (E) negative pixel size in nature in y direction
1234.56 (C) x position of the center of the pixel at upper-left corner
4567.89 (F) y position of the center of the pixel at upper-left corner

Zoltan