Raster layer - Howto?

Pascal Ehlert dadark at DADARK.DE
Thu Nov 1 07:15:57 EDT 2007

Siki Zoltan wrote:

> 0.15   (A) pixel size in nature in x direction (e.g. 15 cm resolution)
> 0.0    (D) depends on rotational angle, afaik it must be zero for
> mapserver
> 0.0    (B) same as above
> -0.15  (E) negative pixel size in nature in y direction
> 1234.56 (C) x position of the center of the pixel at upper-left corner
> 4567.89 (F) y position of the center of the pixel at upper-left corner

Okay, I was able to figure out the first four values now!
The data has a resolution of 1km/px so I want something like
1000.00
0.00
0.00
-1000.00
there, is that correct?

The only thing I'm unsure about are the last two values.
It is an image of the whole world, so shouldn't that be something
like -180.00 for the first value and 90.00 for the last?

When using these values gdalinfo gives me a strange output for the
offsets which can't be correct.

Sorry to bother you again.

Pascal