SLD resquest issue with EXPRESSION parameter

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at FREE.FR
Thu Nov 1 11:16:58 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I am using Mapserver as a OGC webserver. I am trying the GetStyles request and
find some issues. Someone asked about this issue in the mailing list in the
short last few monthes.

I got some LAYER which contains about 12 CLASS objets, this CLASS contains
EXPRESSION parameter. Here an exemple :
  CLASS
   NAME "M1 : La Défense - Château de Vincennes"
   EXPRESSION ('[TYPE]' eq 'M' AND '[NUMERO]' eq '1' AND '[DATE_LIV]'
< '200712')
   COLOR 255 255 0
   SIZE 3
   SYMBOL 1
  END

There are 24 class like this one.

If I try a GetStyles request on this kind of layer, nothing occurs (ie blank
page), if I remove most CLASS the XML response is displayed, If I remove only
the EXPRESSION parameter, again the XML response is displayed. So I think the
issue is not link to the number of CLASS object, but rather with EXPRESSION
parameter.

BUT, in an other LAYER, I got only three CLASS object with EXPRESSION
parameter, and the xml response is displayed.

Finally, it seems that if a LAYER got a lot of CLASS object with EXPRESSION
parameter inside, the XML response failed. And if a LAYER object got a lot of
CLASS object, the XML response failed as well.

I am using Mapserver 4.10. Are someone aware of this issue and know a
workaround.

Thanks,

Y.
--