AW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Update data

Arnd Wippermann arndw at WTAL.DE
Mon Nov 5 14:22:03 EST 2007

Hi,

i have an example online, where you can test editing and saving WFS-data,
based on Openlayers, MapServer, SQLite and php. I think for little datasets
it's a way to hold and modify data (geometry and attributes) .

http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/SphericalMercator/OL_900913_frame
s.html

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Arnd Wippermann
 <http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/> http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/

  _____

Von: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] Im
Auftrag von Hans Castorp
Gesendet: Montag, 5. November 2007 11:34
An: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Betreff: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Update data

HI to everyone,

I’m developing a gis site using ka-map and mapserver, but my customer wants
to go one step further

He needs to update his data on-line, so I must to develop a module to: add
points (and add alphanumeric data to these points), delete point, update
alphanumeric data, etc.

So, my question is: is it possible using shape files??? It’s better to
change to post-gis??

Anyway, where can I find information about  these questions??

Thanks in advance.

Hans Castorp

Hans Castorp

Checked by AVG Free Edition.