Mapserver and MySQL

Vishal Nagpal vishu_73ns at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 6 00:40:18 EST 2007

Hello Everybody,
I am trying to use MapServer to read MySQL spatial data but it is unable to
open the database.
I tried to use ogrinfo MySQL:test user=mysql  tablename -so
But it gave a message that unable to open with existing drivers,
I am working pretty fine with POSTGRES, DGN and DT2 layers
is it possible that i have missed out on some steps in installation of GDAL/OGR,

Also I tried to use ovf files but there too I faced the same problem,
Some of the examples of ovf file use
ODBC while others use MySQL
which one to follow, is it OK to use either,
Help?
Regards,
Vishal