Mapserver and MySQL

Murat Beyhan beyhan at DEPREM.GOV.TR
Tue Nov 6 03:39:05 EST 2007

Dear Vishal try to do following if you use LinuxOS in the console
 ogrinfo --formats
Supported Formats:
  ESRI Shapefile
  MapInfo File
  UK .NTF
  SDTS
  TIGER
  S57
  DGN
  VRT
  AVCBin
  REC
  Memory
  CSV
  GML
  OGDI
  MySQL
you will see the list of the supported formats.
If the MySql doesn't listed on the list you must reinstall ogr
application by using MySql support
I hope it will be help you.
Regards
Murat

Vishal Nagpal wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
> I am trying to use MapServer to read MySQL spatial data but it is unable to
> open the database.
> I tried to use ogrinfo MySQL:test user=mysql  tablename -so
> But it gave a message that unable to open with existing drivers,
> I am working pretty fine with POSTGRES, DGN and DT2 layers
> is it possible that i have missed out on some steps in installation of GDAL/OGR,
>
> Also I tried to use ovf files but there too I faced the same problem,
> Some of the examples of ovf file use
> ODBC while others use MySQL
> which one to follow, is it OK to use either,
> Help?
> Regards,
> Vishal

believed to be clean.