Display multiple point with multiple attributes

Tue Nov 6 10:09:02 EST 2007

If you have an attribute to distinguish between the points consistently from place
to place then this might be doable. For example, if you could attach a sequence
number from 1 to 5 to each place then you could use classes and offsets.

For example:

seq    name    color
1       place1   red
2       place1   blue
3       place1   red
1       place2   white
1       place3   red
2       place3   blue

then you could have a layer like:

LAYER
  CLASSITEM 'seq'
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION '1' # no offset
    STYLE
    END
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION '2' # ul
    STYLE
      OFFSET -10 -10
   END
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION '3' # lr
    STYLE
      OFFSET 10 10
    END
  END
END

This would have the effect off ringing the center point with the other data. You could
create other patterns (such as a line) with different offsets.

Steve

>>> Taka Wong <taka_www at SINAMAN.COM> 11/06/07 5:42 AM >>>
Dear All

I would like to know, are there any method to show mutilple points with their
own attributes on same xy? Sounds complicated.

Here is my case:
There are many ppl in same xy, each ppl carry 1-5 color ball(s).
I would like to show these five ppl and also what color ball(s) they are carrying
on the map in same time.

Does anyone experiense similiar case?

Is it possible? Since I have seen a disperse function in mapinfo.

Thanks all

Regards
Taka Wong