System Configuration

Bruce Cheney BLC at JUB.COM
Wed Nov 7 13:22:32 EST 2007

Hello all.  I am trying to find a typical system configuration for a
mapserver website.  I have looked without any luck (could be I haven't
looked in the correct location).   Can anyone recommend a typical
configuration.  In other words:  do you recommend a load balance server,
# of Application Servers, # of DB servers, etc.  I realize this may be
application specific but some general guidelines would be really
helpful.   For example,  for an application server where MapServer is
the predominant resource user how many concurrent users could it be
expected to handle?

Many thanks in advance for any input.

Bruce Cheney
Gateway Mapping, Inc