AGG/GIF

Frédéric Junod frederic.junod at CAMPTOCAMP.COM
Thu Nov 8 03:07:15 EST 2007

I want to display transparent layers (PNG 24bit) with OpenLayers and IE doesn't
support it.

I will use the OpenLayers's alpha hack:
var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("boucles", "/wms-lj2009-agg",
                                     {layers: 'boucles,m2_ligne,m2_arrets',
                                      format: 'image/png',
                                      transparent: true
                                     }, {alpha: true});

Thanks for your answers.
fredj

PS: from the Internet Explorer 4 (sic) white paper:
"[...], Internet Explorer 4.0 provides native support for PNG [...]"

http://web.archive.org/web/20001020135127/http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/ie/press/whitepaper/iwhite/WHITE004.HTM

--
Frédéric Junod
Camptocamp SA