WFS POST requests: "No template provided" error

Frank Steggink Frank.Steggink at BENTLEY.COM
Fri Nov 9 08:43:42 EST 2007

Hello Yewondwossen,

Sorry, no improvement here. I'm not getting an error, but I got a time
out, while posting (DescribeFeatureType) to the original server URL
(http://map.ns.ec.gc.ca/MapServer/mapserv.exe?map=/mapserver/services/en
vdat/config.map).
Also, the other service I mentioned,
http://www.bsc-eoc.org/cgi-bin/bsc_ows.asp, uses this same URL as online
resources, which already gave the template error.

I'm a bit out of options right now. As already mentioned, when I'm using
GET, then everything works fine, so our client will be able to access
MapServer. I'll try a few other MapServer WFS's, and see what they do.
(Using POST, and the online resource URL's.) There are quite a lot of
them online. If they all give the same result, then I'm going to file a
bug in Trac. It is no coincidence if several servers, which are set up
independently, all have the same problem.

Frank