WFS POST requests: "No template provided" error

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Nov 9 09:13:27 EST 2007

Frank.Steggink at bentley.com wrote:
> Hello Yewondwossen,
>
> Sorry, no improvement here. I'm not getting an error, but I got a time
> out, while posting (DescribeFeatureType) to the original server URL
> (http://map.ns.ec.gc.ca/MapServer/mapserv.exe?map=/mapserver/services/en
> vdat/config.map).
> Also, the other service I mentioned,
> http://www.bsc-eoc.org/cgi-bin/bsc_ows.asp, uses this same URL as online
> resources, which already gave the template error.

  Not sure why would that be. I just retried it (my client is php script
using curl to send a post request), and both DescribeFeature and
GetFeature return properly. If necessary I can provide the test script.

> I'm a bit out of options right now. As already mentioned, when I'm using
> GET, then everything works fine, so our client will be able to access
> MapServer. I'll try a few other MapServer WFS's, and see what they do.
> (Using POST, and the online resource URL's.) There are quite a lot of
> them online. If they all give the same result, then I'm going to file a
> bug in Trac. It is no coincidence if several servers, which are set up
> independently, all have the same problem.

  Ok that works.

Best Regards,

> Frank

Assefa Yewondwossen