WFS POST requests: "No template provided" error

Frank Steggink Frank.Steggink at BENTLEY.COM
Fri Nov 9 09:22:38 EST 2007

Follow up. I've found and tested a few services:

1.
http://wfs.alaskamapped.org/inventory?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=
GetCapabilities& (from a post yesterday, MapServer 5.0 RC 2): I got an
internal server error (500) with DescribeFeatureType/POST. The online
resource URL is the same.
2.
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswfs_gmap?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&
REQUEST=GetCapabilities& (MapServer 4.6.0): DescribeFeatureType/POST and
GetFeature/POST work here. As I mentioned before, I'm using the online
resource URL's, which are different than the base URL.
3.
http://excise.pyr.ec.gc.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/LocalApps/Mapsurfer/
PYRWQMP.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&
(MapServer 4.8.1): The client timed out at DescribeFeatureType/POST.
(GET, which I did in the browser, responded pretty quick.) After 5
minutes I finally got a response from the server, a 502 error (Bad
Gateway), with a CGI application timeout. This is probably a
configuration error, since the online resource is different.

It looks indeed that this is more due to configuration errors, than that
it is actually an error by MapServer. Since I have no experience with
Mapserver itself, it is hard to tell. Maybe it is coincident or not, but
the oldest Mapserver version seems to work best.

Yewondwossen, replying to the mail you just sent, can you send the test
script? Then I can see what are the actual differences. I have logged my
requests with Fiddler, and saved the sessions. In case you're
interested, I can send it to you as well.

Frank