WFS features not drawing - The Cause

Michael Anderson m_anderson14 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 9 16:48:04 EST 2007

Found the problem.
The server is returning an empty extent in the .gfs file. So I am guessing MapServer doesn't think there are any features in the gml file to draw.

There is another feature service I can use and it is working fine.

If anyone has a similiar problem, open the .gfs file and look for this tag:

  <DatasetSpecificInfo>      <FeatureCount>7</FeatureCount>      <ExtentXMin>0.00000</ExtentXMin>      <ExtentXMax>0.00000</ExtentXMax>      <ExtentYMin>0.00000</ExtentYMin>      <ExtentYMax>0.00000</ExtentYMax>  </DatasetSpecificInfo>

If the extent coordinates are 0, that is why the features aren't drawing.

Mike