Looking for a Map Server Consultant... Anyone Interested...

Milo van der Linden mlinden at ZEELANDNET.NL
Sat Nov 10 05:44:19 EST 2007

Hello Nathan,

Being an open source addict and a C# programmer with good mapserver
experience, I strongly suggest you to join the sharpmap project on
codeplex.com. <http://www.codeplex.com/SharpMap>

We are currently implementing a combination of mapserver, sharpmap and
openlayers for a asp.net system and despite the fact that some
enhancements to the sharpmap core have to be made we have a strong
feeling this will be the solution to our wish; getting a framework up
where maps are integrated in .net.

Another solution you might give a try is mapwindow, it is also
completely .net. <http://www.mapwindow.com/>

I hope that one of these .net open source initiatives can benefit from
the fact that your project is able to put effort in it(time and/or
money).

You of course can benefit from the fact that a lot of the core work has
already been done.

I would regret it if you would reinvent the wheel without looking at
these projects. My personal opinion is that in the end, everyone can
benefit from one or two strong opensource projects for GIS in .net,
providing stability and continuity.