Subject: Re: Mapserv not accepting POST method

Ben Madin ben at REMOTEINFORMATION.COM.AU
Sun Nov 18 15:41:17 EST 2007

G'day Jeff,

Excuse me if this is already checked!

On 18/11/2007, at 3:01 PM, MAPSERVER-USERS automatic digest system
wrote:

> Could the mapserv version I am using be what is causing this
> problem? Is
> there a command I can run on the command line or through my web
> service to
> get the version info and re-form a reply? I am running OS X
> 10.4.10, and the
> apache in my previous post. Thanks again, and please advise when
> you can.

You could try ./mapserv -v :

freebsd:/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables $ ./mapserv -v
MapServer version 5.0.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

additionally, If you go to :

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv

do you see :

No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.

?

cheers

Ben

--