Speeding up the visualization of a shapefile with more than one million of lines {Scanned} {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at AGT.BME.HU
Mon Nov 19 18:25:20 EST 2007

Hi Luca,

You can use scale dependent display of layers, generate a simplified layer
for smaller scales (for example create a layer from the streets/public
areas only). The tiled layer should be displayed only at large scales.
The fasters solution is if you pregenerate the overview layer instead of
on the fly generation with for example FILTER.

Bye
Zoltan