NEW Mapserver Application

Vishal Nagpal vishu_73ns at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 20 03:57:09 EST 2007

I have been working with mapserver to learn the basics.
I have learnt about accessing GDAL/OGR files , Mysql data Postgres Data
cartoweb demo ,  and other features of zooming panning using cgi and mapscripts.
Now I wish to start developing my application,
Question 1   Can somebody suggest which is the best option to develop my
application CGI or Mapscript..
Question 2   Which is the best software available for developing user
interface. (Cartography). Is their a basic version available as a start
point. like mapserver itasca demo.
Thanks,
Regards,
Vishal