PROBLEMS Reprojecting using cascading WMS

Mark Howard mhoward at AKIMEKATECH.COM
Wed Nov 21 12:39:15 EST 2007

I'm using terraserver in ArcMap as a background, but the service does not support NAD27 - epsg:4267. So there's a problem with data alignment as the service is WGS84.
I thought I'd create a map service and cascade /reproject to solve the problem -- i.e. specify in NAD27 the map file and WGS84 in the layer for the terraserver WMS service (see below)
BUT there are 2 problems:
1. The image does not seem to reproject - seems the same when I define the map file epsg as 4267 or 4326.
2. The image seems to get resampled down no matter if I specify PNG, JPEG or TIFF. Loses a lot of detail.
Any ideas on fixing these issues??

THANKS!!

Mark

************************************  MAP FILE STUFF  *******************************