SOS eventTime not liking formatted time cols

Charlton Galvarino cplist at SECONDCREEK.ORG
Sun Nov 25 10:42:42 EST 2007

Hi, all:

I am running into a problem w/ eventTime when I am trying to hit a timstamp
col. that I've formatted.  In other words, my SOS would return nice results
for this DATA string . . .

select *, to_char(m_date at time zone 'UTC','YYYY-MM-DD') || 'T' ||
to_char(m_date at time zone 'UTC','HH24:MI+00:00') as t from
v_platform_sensor_obs

. . . and sos_timeitem is 't' when I do NOT tack on an eventTime constraint.

But when I try to tack on an eventTime constraint to the URL, I get an emty
result set (and I know there should be obs).

eventTime=<gml:TimePeriod><gml:beginPosition>2007-08-01<gml:beginPosition><g
ml:endPosition>2007-08-03</gml:endPosition></gml:TimePeriod>

If the DATA string were this, instead . . .

select * from v_platform_sensor_obs

. . . and the sos_timeitem were 'm_date', I'd get hits w/ the above
eventTime constraint.

All I'm really trying to do is control the ouputted format of my timestamp
col., and something must be getting lost in translation.

I'm happy to post an example if necessary.

Charlton