antialiased lines with AGG

rich.fromm nospam420 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 27 18:15:16 EST 2007

tbonfort wrote:

> I think they are all in that howto, except for the fact that you can
> specify your own palette if using quantization. what are you looking
> for in particular?
>
>> Image size is somewhat important to me, so I suspect I'll be using
>> IMAGETYPE
>> AGG_Q.  Other than what's shown in the example at:
>>
>> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/agg-rendering-specifics/view
>>
>> do you know if there are any other FORMATOPTION's within the OUTPUTFORMAT
>> that can be tweaked?

I don't have anything in particular that I was looking for.  I just wanted
to know what knobs are available, so that when I get to the point of really
worrying about time vs. space vs. quality tradeoffs I know what my options
are.

For example, if I take one of my testcases (generated using IMAGETYPE AGG_Q)
and run it through pngcrush, it goes from 47783 bytes down to 45402.  Which
means there is at least a little room (if not necessarily via mapserver) for
making it smaller, although the crushed file is 95% of the original size, so
that's a sign that mapserver as configured is doing a pretty good job.

Thanks again for your help.

- Rich