Error when create annotation layer in PHPMapscript

Krung Saengpole saengpole at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 25 14:38:42 EDT 2007

Daniel,

I used MS4W 2.2.5 on Windows Vista. I didn't query anything in the code. I only created annotation layer by code. But if I used previous version that was not MS4W suit, it had no error. Is this a bug of this suit?

Krung

----- Original Message ----
From: Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at MAPGEARS.COM>
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:32:19 AM
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Error when create annotation layer in PHPMapscript

Krung Saengpole wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about creating annotation layer using phpmapscript. I
> created layer as follow:
>
>  $layer=ms_newLayerObj($map);
>  $layer->set("name", $name);
>  $layer->set("data", $data);
>  $layer->set("type", MS_LAYER_ANNOTAION);

I'm not convinced that this alone would explain the errors you got, but
there is a typo here... should be MS_LAYER_ANNOTATION... perhaps try
fixing that and see.

[...]
> when it came to
>
> $img=$map->draw();
>
> it showed 9 or 10 sentences of:
> **
> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msQueryByRect(): No matching record(s)
> found. in *D:\Work\testing\area50.php* on line *40*
> *.....*
> *.....*
> *.....*

Could it be that you made a queryByRect() between the time the layer was
created and the time at which you call $map->draw()?

Perhaps try calling ms_ResetErrorList() after the queryByRect() or
before the call to $map->draw(). I suspect that the query leaves
warnings in the error stack and this may confuse the $map->draw() method.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/