Problem with long DATA object in an Oracle LAYER

Emmanuel BELO emmanuel.belo at CAMPTOCAMP.COM
Mon Sep 10 11:23:44 EDT 2007

After some investigation, we could identify that this occurs only with
an Oracle connector. It's not reproducible with a PostGIS connection.

Here our testcase outline:

  LAYER
    CONNECTION "user/password at myoracleoracle9instance"
    CONNECTIONTYPE ORACLESPATIAL
    DATA "[Put a query larger than 2037 characters here]"
      METADATA
      END
    NAME "oracle_test_layer"
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    STATUS ON
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    TYPE POLYGON
    UNITS METERS
    CLASS
      METADATA
      END
      STYLE
        ANGLE 360
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
      END
    END
  END

You can build a large sql query by adding a lot of "always true"
clauses, or by padding it with a lot of spaces
eg. shape from (select shape from my_table where 'djfksdhfjkdsf' =
'djfksdhfjkdsf' and 'djfksdhfjkdsf' = 'djfksdhfjkdsf' [...])

Best regards,

Emmanuel BELO

--
Camptocamp SA