AW: [mapserver-users] WMS for SRTM ? How to implement?

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Sat Apr 12 07:52:22 EDT 2008

Hello,

this is a simple mapfile, that works for me:

MAP
NAME 'WMS_Global_Mosaic'
STATUS ON

IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
IMAGETYPE png

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME png
  DRIVER "GD/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/png"
  IMAGEMODE PC256
  EXTENSION "png"
END
OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME png24
  DRIVER "GD/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/png"
  IMAGEMODE RGBA
  EXTENSION "png"
END

PROJECTION # GAUSS-KRUEGER Streifen 2
  'init=epsg:4326' #PROJECTION_init
END

WEB # 3
  IMAGEPATH                      '\ms4w\tmp\'
  IMAGEURL                       '/ms_tmp/'
  METADATA
    'wms_name'                   'OGC:WMS'
    'wms_title'                  'WMS Standard'
    'wms_srs'                    'EPSG:900913 EPSG:31466 EPSG:4326'
  END
END

LAYER # 1
  NAME              'GlobalMosaic'
  GROUP             'SATELLITE'
  TYPE              RASTER
  STATUS            ON

  #!!! Achtung : transparent=TRUE/FALSE in uppercase!? and for Mapserver
4.10 set the STYLES= in the CONNECTION Url
  CONNECTION        'http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?STYLES='
  CONNECTIONTYPE    WMS

  METADATA
    'wms_name'            'global_mosaic' #das ist der Layer!!!
    'wms_title'           'WMS Global Mosaic'
    'wms_group_title'     'SATELLITE'
    'wms_version'         '1.1.1'
    'wms_srs'             'EPSG:4326' #Uppercase!!!
    'wms_server_version'  '1.1.0'
    'wms_formatlist'      'image/gif,image/png,image/jpeg,image/wbmp'
    'wms_format'          'image/png'
    #'wms_style'           'visual'
  END
END