[mapserver-users] Mapserver & Cartograms

Christian Kaiser mapserver-users at swisscarto.ch
Mon Apr 21 13:31:40 EDT 2008

Sorry for the late answer.

We did release today a new Java application for cartogram creation
(<http://chorogram.choros.ch/scapetoad>). I think the main problem for
an implementation in an online MapServer application will be the
computation time needed to create the cartogram. Technically, it should
be possible to find a solution using one of the known algorithms. But
you will have to handle a computation process which can take several
minutes...

Christian