[mapserver-users] libssl.so.6 error

Steve Smith ssteve52 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 14:01:06 EDT 2008

I am running mapserver 5.2, on a AMD 64 bit machine. I just upgraded from fedora
core 8 to fedora core 9. After upgrading I began getting an error telling me that
libssl.so.6 does not exist.  Fedora core 9 uses openssl-0.98g-9.fc9.x86_64 and 686,
which have a slew of important dependences. If I attempt to install older versions,
such as openssl-098g-6, I am told that it conflicts with the current versions. How do
I get mapserver to work with the current version of openssl?

Thanks
Steve