[MAPSERVER-USERS] Key labelcache_map_edge_buffer does not exist (While using TiF files in Raster Layer)

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Aug 27 10:39:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:30:14AM -0700, Ritesh Ambastha wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Tilecache to generate tiles by reading few raster layers from my
> mapfile. I have successfully generated tiles using tilecache and mapserver
> vector layers.  My raster images includes TIF files.

You sound like you're using TileCache with metaTiling. TileCache sets
this property internally when using metaTiling.

I'm surprised you're seeing this though. The code says:

            try:
                # if the metadata is already set, don't override.
                wms.getMetaData("labelcache_map_edge_buffer")
            except mapscript._mapscript.MapServerError:

Perhaps turning debug off as suggested will get rid of this...

I don't know. But this is definitely directly related to TileCache.

> When I checked my logs, I got these errors/warning:
>
> <snip>
> getMetaData: Hash table error. Key labelcache_map_edge_buffer does not exist
> msDrawLabelCacheGD(): labelcache_map_edge_buffer = -15
> </snip>
>
> I have not used labelcache_map_edge_buffer anywhere in the mapfile. I tried
> to keep a negative value to this in the METADATA seciton, but it didn't
> worked.
>
> I am using MapServer version 5.0.0.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,