[mapserver-users] Difference in appearance between "mode=map" and WMS

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:02:47 EST 2008

Hi All,

I think I'm having an instance of cranial flatulation, but maybe not.
Hopefully you can set me straight.

I need to create an image with Mapserver using mapscript that I can then
georeference manually and use in another application.  It needs to look
exactly the same as the image I can already generate via a WMS call that
looks like this:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/mapfiles/hydro/hydro.map
&SERVICE=WMS
&version=%221.1.1%22
&REQUEST=GetMap
&LAYERS=imagery
&STYLES=&BBOX=-125,39,-108,54
&WIDTH=600
&HEIGHT=600
&FORMAT=png
&SRS=epsg:4326

I'm testing my mapscript parameters using a simple "mode=map" call to
Mapserver, and the results I'm getting so far don't match the appearance of
the WMS output at all.  My mapfile has the following extent and projection
info in it:

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
  END

  EXTENT -125.0  39.0 -108.0  54.0
  SIZE 600 600

In addition to the mapfile projection specification, I am also specifying
the same projection info in each of my LAYERS as well.

Is it possible to do what I'm trying to accomplish here?

Thanks,

Roger