[mapserver-users] help with converting Geoserver site to Mapserver

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Dec 9 13:13:54 EST 2008

Justin Bailey wrote:

> After some difficulty I succeeded in getting Mapserver running on our
> existing Tomcat server, but I have not been able to figure out how to
> convert the Geoserver data.

Since I see that you are on windows, if you want to work locally and
need a nice little package (containing MapServer and things like an
Apache web server ready to use and some demo apps) try the MS4W package
("MapServer for Windows")...it's aimed at people like yourself (and
myself) on Windows.  It might help you learn the .map file syntax faster
by looking at one of the MS4W add-on packages in action.
You can grab it from maptools.org

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services