[mapserver-users] produce hardcopy maps

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Dec 19 15:30:38 EST 2008

Brent Fraser wrote:

>  I would agree that the current implementation of PDF output is not
> suitable for producing printed maps.  I'll be looking into fixing some
> of the open tickets (and other bugs I've found), and intend to add some
> additional FORMATOPTIONs to improve the setting of scale and
> resolution.  Hopefully the changes will make it into version 5.4
> (release in first quarter of 2009?).

Brent,

I'm glad to hear that you'd like to work on PDF issues, that's much
needed, but before you invest time in this, you should be aware that
there is also a switch from pdflib to libharu in the air:

Not sure if/when that's going to happen, but it may be a good idea to
share your plans on the -dev list before you spend time on this.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/