[mapserver-users] want plot dynamic points in map

muzaffar hussain mhd.muzaffar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 02:05:29 EST 2008

hi all

           i am doing project in vehicle tracking system.wat i want is
ploting dynamic points in the map.

if point is static means i can able to plot in particular location,my map
file is mention blow

*LAYER
  NAME 'gps_point'
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POINT
  FEATURE
    # This is where you specify position on the map - using a default value
    POINTS 0 0 END
  END
  CLASS
    STYLE
      SYMBOL "marker"
    END
  END
 END

SYMBOL
  NAME "marker"
  TYPE PIXMAP
  IMAGE "C:\ms4w\apps\ka-map-1.0\htdocs\images\bus.gif"
  #TRANSPARENT 8
END*

in the above map file one statement *POINTS 0,0* is there , i am adding
static image (bus)in the map,

i want to add dynamic object in the map,that is  current location of vehicle
in the map,i should take the longitude and latitude from database.

for example

*POINTS longitude,latitude*

if anybody is having the sample code,or come across this kind of
issue,please help me out from this,for the past 1 month i am trying to do
this,but i am not getting any resource for this.

please help me out from this.

thanks in advance

muzaffar