[mapserver-users] ogr2ogr hangs converting e00 files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 23 12:09:44 EST 2008

Arthur A. Person wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I'm trying to convert .e00 international boundary files into shapefile
> format using ogr2ogr, but when I run the conversion, ogr2ogr just hangs
> and hogs the processor.

Arthur,

Could you provide a direct pointer to the dataset in question?

Assembling polygons from an E00 file is quite expensive, so for files with
a lot of complex polygons it may take an unreasonable amount of time to
assemble them properly.  It is often helpful to first convert the E00
file into an arc/info binary coverage with avcimport.

Best regards,